Division 12 held a membership meeting on Saturday, April 14th at the Cambridge Springs Trolley Station. The minutes of the meeting are available on the Documents page.
During the business segment of the meeting, the three appointed officers were elected by an election of acclimation, keeping us in alignment with our even-year election cycle. Also, a motion to amend the Regulations put forth by the clerk and recommended by the board of directors passed unanimously. The amended Regulations and the minutes explaining the rationale for the amendments are both available on the Documents page.
One of the ongoing features of our membership meetings is the Bring and Brag segment. Five members (including a brand new member) shared a variety of structures, rolling stock, and plans that they have been working on recently:
- Doug Sandmeyer shared an On30 queen post bridge built from an S scale Hunterline kit.
- Brad White shared a Lasercut kit of an elevator and a cement hopper.
- New member, Ray Goetz shared a heavily kit bashed box cab HO locomotive as an example of the crazy things he builds in his basement.
- Dave Ellis shared a hand drawn, 1″=1′ track plan of an addition to his attic layout.
- Mike Hauk shared several really nicely weathered Bowser F-30 flat cars with Owl Mountain lumber loads.
Photographs of the Bring and Brag projects are on our Facebook page.
Our presentation, by Blaine Hays, got us off to a great start for having interesting and informative presentations at our membership meetings. He presented information, great photographs, and even some personal stories of his researching trolleys and interurban systems of the Erie area over the years. Despite our having to troubleshoot dimming the light in the trolley station for our presentations, the topic and quality of his presentation couldn’t have been more appropriate.